260134 PUE Atmospheric Aerosol Physics (2019W)
- Registration is open from Mo 02.09.2019 08:00 to We 25.09.2019 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Th 31.10.2019 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
The PUE serves as preparation for the module exam. Registration for the PUE is not mandatory but is strongly recommended.
Please note: With the registration for the PUE the participation is obligatory. Cancellation is possible until Tuesday 31.10.2019 23:59. All students enrolled after the cancellation deadline will be graded in accordance with PUE assessment criteria as stated below.There will be two written tests in the course of this exercise. No aids are allowed. These tests serve exclusively to assess the PUE and are NOT included in the grade of the M-CORE 8 module examination.
The proof of achievement required for the entire M-CORE 8 module (VO + PUE) is provided by completing the module examination.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
In order to attain a positive grade at least 50.00% of the total points (sum of the maximum number of points for all tests) must be achieved.
The grading key for assessment is:
Very good: 100.00% - 87.00%
Good: 86.99% - 75.00%
Satisfactory: 74.99% - 63.00%
Sufficient: 62.99% - 50.00%
Not sufficient: 49,99% - 0,00%
- Roedel, Walter, and Thomas Wagner. Physik Unserer Umwelt: Die Atmosphäre. 5. Aufl. Berlin: Springer Spektrum, 2017. (available as eBook: https://ubdata.univie.ac.at/AC12331655 )
- Seinfeld, John H., and Spyros N. Pandis. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics : From Air Pollution to Climate Change. Third ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2016. (available as eBook: https://ubdata.univie.ac.at/AC15466828 )
- Tomasi, Claudio, Sandro Fuzzi, and Alexander Kokhanovsky. Atmospheric Aerosols : Life Cycles and Effects on Air Quality and Climate. Weinheim, Germany : Wiley-VCH, 2017. (available as eBook: http://usearch.univie.ac.at/primo-explore/fulldisplay?vid=UWI&docid=UWI_alma51349607650003332 )
- Hinds, William C. Aerosol Technology : Properties, Behavior, and Measurement of Airborne Particles. Second ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Ins., 1999. (available eBook : https://ubdata.univie.ac.at/AC15005893 )
- Baron, Paul A., Pramod Kulkarni, and Klaus Willeke. Aerosol Measurement : Principles, Techniques, and Applications. Third ed. Hoboken: Wiley, 2011. (available as eBook: https://ubdata.univie.ac.at/AC11079563 )