270231 VU Mathematics for Chemists (2021W)
- Registration is open from We 01.09.2021 08:00 to Su 07.11.2021 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Su 07.11.2021 23:59
The course will be provided in a mixed fashion: Lectures will be provided online, exercises will be done in person in a lecture hall (HS).
There will be 4 groups:
- all groups will start on Friday, 12. November 2021
- group 1, HS 1, Fridays, 10h-12h
- group 2, HS 4, Fridays, 10h-12h
- group 3, HS 2, Fridays, 8h-10h
- group 4, HS 2, Fridays, 10h-12h
- Wednesday, 15.12.2021, 13:00-14:00
- Monday, 31.01.2022, 11:00-12:00
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- Calculate exercises at home
- Tick the actually calculated exercise examples in a list (Kreuzerlübung) on moodle until Thursday 20:00 before the corresponding exercise day.
- Ticked too late => no points
- You must be able to present the ticked examples on the blackboard in the exercise. If not, all points will be deducted for the corresponding exercise day. However, you will be given assistance in presenting them on the blackboard.
- In case of excused absence, the calculated examples must be photographed (.jpg, .png) until Thursday 20:00 before the corresponding exercise day and the pictures must be uploaded on moodle or sent by mail to tutor*in.
- Unexcused absence => exclusion from the course
- Students who do not appear in the first unit will be automatically deregistered.
- Deregistration at a later date is only possible in justified exceptional cases.Assessment:
At least 50% of the maximum achievable points of the tests,
at least 50% of the maximum achievable points of the homeworks
must be achieved.The final grade is composed of:
Test (50%), Homework (50%), and Collaboration (may change grade by one degree, if total score is close to a grade threshold).Grade Scale:
87 - 100 % 1
75 - 86,99 % 2
63 - 74,99 % 3
50 - 62,99 % 4
0 - 49,99 % 5