280082 VU MA-ERD-15 Methods of Palaeobiology (PI) (2016W)
Please bring your own laptop. The respective software is freely available, will also be provided one week before the respective course. The software has to be installed prior to the session.
Inscription to course necessary (https://uspace.univie.ac.at)
Participation is obligatory. For successfully passing the course the examinations have to been passed with a minimum of 60% of all possible points in total. A maximum of two course units is allowed to miss with justification.
- Registration is open from We 14.09.2016 10:00 to We 28.09.2016 23:59
- Registration is open from We 05.10.2016 10:00 to We 19.10.2016 23:59
- Deregistration possible until We 19.10.2016 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
2. Three continual assessments have to be completed (each 40 points). For dates see above (Contents).
3. An additional examination will be offered on 29 Feb. 2017 for those who were not able to attend one of the continual assessments due to illness or other important reasons (need to be proved), or to compensate for a negative continual assessment. Please check for conflicts with other continual assessments.
4 The course is successfully completed if each continual assessment is passed with at least 21 points. Grading is proportional to the sum of achieved points from all three continual assessments (at least 62 points).
5. Unjustified absence during a continual assessments is evaluated each with 0 points. Only in exceptional cases, a separate alternate date for a failed continual assessment is possible.
6.General attendance is obligatory on the first day of the course. Registered and on the first day unfounded absent persons are permanently excluded from the course.
7. A consequence free, independent cancellation of this course is possible until Sunday, 15 Nov. 2016 via U:Space.