290047 VU Advanced Quantitative Data Analysis and Microeconometrics (2021S)
- Registration is open from Mo 08.02.2021 11:00 to Mo 22.02.2021 10:00
- Registration is open from We 24.02.2021 11:00 to Mo 01.03.2021 09:00
- Deregistration possible until We 31.03.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
The digital exam will take place during the final session
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
(ii) Take-home assignment (20%): Students will apply what they have learned to a dataset provided by the lecturer, using a statistical software of their choice (ideally Stata or R). They will submit their code and answer questions based on their analysis (potentially in groups). The assignment will be discussed in class after the submission deadline and before the final exam.
(iii) Presentation of research articles (20%): Students will present and critically review one or two research articles from the reading list in class (potentially in groups).
(iv) Active class participation (20%): Students are asked to actively participate in class. Moreover, they are expected to read weekly assigned research articles and submit one discussion question per research article for in-class discussions.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
76%-88%: Good (2)
63%-75%: Satisfactory (3)
50%-62%: Sufficient (4)
<50%: Unsatisfactory (5)Attendance is compulsory; up to two absences will be excused if the lecturer is informed beforehand.
• Assigned research articles and presentations thereof
• Selected book chapters
• Mastering 'Metrics: The Path from Cause to Effect (Angrist & Pischke, Princeton University Press)
• A Guide to Econometrics (Kennedy, Wiley)
• Survey methodology (Groves et al., Wiley)