290139 SE Seminar aus Humangeographie: Translocal Geographies in the Global South (2021W)
- Registration is open from Tu 07.09.2021 11:00 to Tu 21.09.2021 11:00
- Registration is open from Th 23.09.2021 11:00 to Tu 28.09.2021 11:00
- Deregistration possible until Su 31.10.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
So far, the course is planned to be taught in presence, following the so-called 3-G-rule (recovered, tested, and/or vaccinated). It is quite possible that the teaching will be changed to a hybrid (online and presence) or purely online mode in the course of the semester. Unexcused non-attendance at the first unit will automatically result in withdrawal from the seminar.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
For the successful completion of the seminar the following basic achievements are required:
- regular and active participation in the course
- reading documentation (english language literature)
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- Sesssion Preparation and Scientific Talk (25%)
- Essay (15%)
- Critical review (10%)
Greiner, C., & Sakdapolrak, P. (2013). Translocality: Concepts, applications and emerging research perspectives. Geography Compass, 7(5), 373–384.
Sheller, M., & Urry, J. (2006). The new mobilities paradigm. Environment and Planning A, 38(2), 207–226.