Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, changes to courses and exams may be necessary at short notice (e.g. cancellation of on-site teaching and conversion to online exams). Register for courses/exams via u:space, find out about the current status on u:find and on the moodle learning platform. NOTE: Courses where at least one unit is on-site are currently marked "on-site" in u:find.
Further information about on-site teaching and access tests can be found at https://studieren.univie.ac.at/en/info.
Warning! The directory is not yet complete and will be amended until the beginning of the term.
300191 UE Bioinformatics for non-bioinformaticians - how to build and analyse a transcriptome (2016W)
Continuous assessment of course work
Note: The time of your registration within the registration period has no effect on the allocation of places (no first come, first serve).
- Registration is open from We 07.09.2016 08:00 to Th 22.09.2016 18:00
- Deregistration possible until Mo 31.10.2016 18:00
max. 12 participants
The introductory meeting will be held on the 03.10.2016 at 14:00 in UR 8, UZA1, Biozentrum Althanstraße 14, 1090 Wien. The course will run for two weeks from the 13.02.2017 until the 24.02.2017.
Assessment and permitted materials
Assessment will involve:
1) a multiple choice exam at the end of the first week - 30 % of total grade
2) the submission of a data sheet detailing the results of their transcriptome assembly and analysis 30%
3) a short group presentation comparing the results of the group members - 40%
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Basic English skills only.
Lectures and practical work.
MZO W-3, MEV W-2, MES5, MGE III-2, M-WZB
Last modified: Mo 07.09.2020 15:43