Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, changes to courses and exams may be necessary at short notice (e.g. cancellation of on-site teaching and conversion to online exams). Register for courses/exams via u:space, find out about the current status on u:find and on the moodle learning platform. NOTE: Courses where at least one unit is on-site are currently marked "on-site" in u:find.
Further information about on-site teaching and access tests can be found at https://studieren.univie.ac.at/en/info.
Warning! The directory is not yet complete and will be amended until the beginning of the term.
300191 UE Bioinformatics for non-bioinformaticians - how to build and analyse a transcriptome (2019W)
Continuous assessment of course work
Note: The time of your registration within the registration period has no effect on the allocation of places (no first come, first serve).
- Registration is open from Th 05.09.2019 08:00 to Th 19.09.2019 18:00
- Deregistration possible until Th 31.10.2019 18:00
max. 16 participants
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
The course will run from 9am until 1pm every day from the 03/02/2020 until the 14/02/2020.
14:00 - 15:00
COSB Seminarraum, UZA 1, Biozentrum Althanstraße 14, 2.022 2.OG
Assessment and permitted materials
Assessment will involve:
1) a multiple choice exam at the end of the first week - 30 % of total grade
2) the submission of a data sheet detailing the results of their transcriptome assembly and analysis 30%
3) a short group presentation comparing the results of the group members - 40%
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
1- Basic English skills;
2- Basic knowledge on molecular biology: DNA replication, transcription, translation.
Lectures and practical work.
MZO W-3, MES5, MGE III-2, M-WZB
Last modified: Mo 21.09.2020 15:10