340049 VO+UE Localization and Technical Communication (2020W)
- Registration is open from Mo 14.09.2020 09:00 to Fr 02.10.2020 17:00
- Registration is open from Mo 12.10.2020 09:00 to Fr 16.10.2020 17:00
- Deregistration possible until Sa 31.10.2020 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
UPDATE (3 Nov 2020): This course will take place in a digital format for the entire semester.Information from 1 Oct. 2020: This course will be held in a hybrid format (as a combination of on-site and digital course units). The on-site course units do not have an attendance requirement, which means that students can complete the course also online only.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
• Submission of written contributions on the e-learning platform: Exercises addressing intralingual and interlingual localisation, machine translation, comprehensibility of technical documentation. These contributions are individual and group work (apart from classes).
• Test: The test covers the content of the lectures and the students’ completed exercises.
• Project work: The software localisation is implemented as a group and comprises a cost estimation, an invoice, a project management handbook as well as the localised product in different formats.
All materials are permitted for all types of contributions.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
• Submission of written contributions on the e-learning platform: 145 points
• Test: 50 points
• Project work: 170 points
The grade depends on the number of points obtained (no more than 365 points):
• 1 (excellent) 325-365 points
• 2 (good) 284-324 points
• 3 (satisfactory) 243-283 points
• 2 4 (sufficient) 202-242 points
• 5 (insufficient) 201-0 points
Students work collaboratively on a localisation project.