340291 VO+UE Localization and Technical Communication (2019S)
- Registration is open from Mo 11.02.2019 09:00 to Fr 01.03.2019 17:00
- Registration is open from Mo 11.03.2019 09:00 to Fr 15.03.2019 17:00
- Deregistration possible until Su 31.03.2019 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Medienlabor II ZfT Gymnasiumstraße 50 4.OG
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
• Submission of written contributions on the e-learning platform: Exercises addressing intralingual and interlingual localisation, machine translation, comprehensibility of technical documentation. These contributions are individual and group work (apart from classes).
• Test: The test covers the content of the lectures and the students’ completed exercises.
• Project work: The software localisation is implemented as a group and comprises a cost estimation, an invoice, a project management handbook as well as the localised product in different formats.
All materials are permitted for all types of contributions.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Contributions to the classes are requirements for a successful completion of the course. This course has an attendance requirement. Students may only be absent once.
The following contributions are graded:
• Submission of written contributions on the e-learning platform: 230 points
• Test: 200 points
• Project work: 170 points
The grade depends on the number of points obtained (no more than 600 points):
• 1 (excellent) 600-534 points
• 2 (good) 533-467 points
• 3 (satisfactory) 466-400 points
• 2 4 (sufficient) 399-332 points
• 5 (insufficient) 331-0 points
Students work collaboratively on a localisation project.